Articles and videos
- GuideCommunity resources: Tana for Beginners (2024)
Tana has changed a lot since a year ago. Browse beginners content created by our community that show Tana in its most recent form.
- ArticleNew Year, New Beginnings in Tana (2024)
Get a fresh start on the new year with a productivity system reboot!
- GuideCreate your first Tana Template
This guide walks you through how to create your first Tana Template, with detailed steps and best practices.
- ArticleWhen to use Extend in supertags
If you have many supertags with the same properties, it's worth considering if the Extend feature is the right fit. Extending supertags is very similar to inheritance in object-oriented programming.
- ArticleGet the most out of your OKRs by using Tana
Explore the benefits of OKRs and their role in aligning organizational efforts, providing clarity, and fostering commitment.
- ArticleUnleash the power of GTD in Tana
This article takes you through the principles of Getting Things Done by David Allen, and how to adapt this popular productivity framework in Tana.
- ArticleOur Ideas Philosophy
Feature requests are common in software development. Our process instead has a particular emphasis on problems.
- GuideCommunity resources: Importing from Roam
A collection of tips and tricks for importing from Roam to Tana
- UpdateLaunching: Text selection toolbar!
Supertags, References, Formatting and more - within a click.
- VideoThinking behind the feature: Tana Capture
In this video we talk to Tana engineer/designer Sebastian Gorton Kalvik about Tana's first mobile app: Tana Capture.
- UpdateLaunching: Tana for Desktop!
Experience Tana at a new level of focus, clarity and speed. Available on Windows, Mac and Linux, scroll for downloads 👇
- UpdateTana Capture is now available for Android
Capture anything anywhere. Tana Capture for Android is now available in the Google Play Store.
- ArticleHow to factory reset a Tana account
This is a guide on how to safely "factory reset" your Tana, so you can relive that brand new account feeling again ✨
- ArticleTana Template: Objective-centered Productivity
A simple, yet powerful Tana Template to organize everything in Tana using base tags Objective, Task and Input.
- ArticleCourse: Tana Jump Start
If you see the potential in Tana but don't know where to start, Tana Jump Start is exactly what you need.
- ArticleTips: How to read Tana queries
Learn the basics on how to read and understand queries in Tana, so you can build your own.
- ArticleTips: Three ways to create a search node
Get to know all the ways you can create search nodes in Tana.
- ArticleStarter Guide: Tasks
Set up a simple workflow that will cover the basics of core features like Supertags, Fields, and Search nodes.
- ArticleTana Template: Book Library by Santi Younger
Keep track of the books you intend to read, those you have already read, your rating of them, and the people who suggested them.
- ArticleTana Template: Schema Structure for Tana by David Delgado Vendrell
This is the mother of questions for any prolific Tana user-explorer: What's the best way to organize your Schema? Duplicated names of supertags and fields, different naming conventions, what fields should repeat where and so forth... While freestyle experimentation is great in the beginning, at some point you want to have a clear map of all the supertags and fields that you're using. David valiantly addresses this challenge by sharing his method for sorting his sch...ema out.
- ArticleTana Template: Subscription Slayer by Aaron Lawson
The Subscription Slayer is a subscription app manager in the setting of a monster battle role-playing game, with parodies of major tech gurus and references to Coen Brothers movies
- ArticleTana Template: Endless Tweet Generator by Ev Chapman
With the Endless Tweet Generator Template you’ll never have to worry about coming up with tweet ideas ever again. You’ll be able to fill your Twitter feed with high quality, engaging tweets. And the best thing about it is... the more you tweet, the better & more ideas you’ll have.
- ArticleTana Template: PARA in Tana by CortexFutura
A full implementation of Tiago Forte's PARA system in Tana
- ArticleTana Template: Trips & Cities by Jens-Christian Fischer
Trips & Cities lets you plan and manage trips, keep track of tickets, hotels and other things related to your travel.
- ArticleTana Template: Todo, Todo Lists, and Projects by Emmanuel Galanos
A template from Navigator Emmanuel to manage your todos, todo lists, and projects for personal productivity
- ArticleTana Template: SN(A)CK System: Atomic Creation by Theo Køppen
Ever wondered what a Tana-first implementation of Niklas Luhmann's Zettelkasten would look like? Well, look no further than Theo's SN(A)CK System, which unifies Sources, Notes, (Atomic) Creation, and Knowledge in one setup. It is simple and smart, and a great place to start your zettelkasten journey in Tana.
- ArticleTana Template: Weekly Task Management Dashboard by Renee de Four
A Tana Template to manage tasks on a weekly cadence. Includes a kanban board, weekly plan, agenda and review process.
- ArticleTana Template: Freelancer OS by Andrea Grasso
Freelancer OS is a Tana setup designed specifically for freelancers. It provides a basic framework for managing a freelancer’s project pipeline. The focus of Freelancer OS is to help freelancers stay organized and manage their workflow efficiently.
- ArticleHow Tana facilitates for deep, undistracted work
A core principle of Tana as a product is that it fosters deep, undistracted work. Discover seven features of Tana and how they are designed with this in mind.
- ArticleTana Template: The Content Hub by Ev Chapman
The Content Hub is designed as the ultimate tool for any creator who want to streamline their content creation in one place. With the Content Hub, you can effortlessly organize all your ideas and content production in one central place. Seamlessly plan and work on multiple ideas at one time; customize the template to your preferred content format, whether it’s writing, audio or video. The content hub is your one stop shop for staying organized!
- ArticleTana Template: Uniflow by Abraham Hernandez
UniFlow is the ultimate student workflow. Capture and organize your study inputs with ease, while staying on track with your workload. Say goodbye to organizational chaos and hello to increased productivity. Work faster, stay organized, learn more, and never miss a beat with UniFlow.
- ArticleTana Template: Meeting OS by Tana Nodes
Meeting OS by Tana Nodes is a comprehensive solution designed to address the prevalent inefficiencies in traditional meeting management. The app targets business professionals, project managers, and teams who face challenges in conducting productive meetings due to disorganized agendas, unclear action items, and disjointed note-taking. By integrating Tana AI workflows and intelligent Tana commands, Meeting OS simplifies the process of organizing, documenting, and following up on meetings, significantly improving productivity and effective communication within teams.
- VideoCortex Futura's Tana Fundamentals Series
The OG Tana Community Youtube series. Over six videos Lukas gives new users an overview of the central ideas of Tana. It was released quickly after Tana was first opened for alpha invite access. The principles, features and ideas still hold, but it's now also a great way to see how the Tana team keep improving with many small changes since the videos were released.
- ArticleIntro to supertags, search nodes and views in Tana
Get familiar with creating supertags, searches, where to put them, and how views can change the way you see everything.
- ArticleIntro to nodes, fields and supertags in Tana
Get familiar with the concept of nodes and fields, and how supertags give you superpowers for managing them.
- VideoBuilding FairytaleGPT in Tana
Building FairytaleGPT in Tana.
- VideoTana Commands With Tana Nodes
In this video Andrea from Tana Nodes explains the transformative power of Tana Commands. He also provides a sneak peak recording of the monthly workshop members where he explores user workflows and builds them with Tana AI and Commands.
- ArticleThinking behind the feature: Tana AI for Builders
Brage and Stian discusses Tana's initial AI release, and answers questions from the community. This also covers Autotag and Autofill, privacy questions and some musings about the future of AI.
- VideoOrganise your personal world with Tana — Tana Tours #003
Ev Chapman in a conversation with Kamara Simpson about how to organise your life in Tana.
- VideoGetting more things done with RJ Nestor — Tana Tours #002
RJ Nestor is the founder of Tana for Tasks and the KING of recurring tasks. RJ shows us how to combine simple (and sometimes complex) commands with task management to make managing your tasks in Tana a breeze! He also shows us in to the world of recurring tasks and how to setup recurring tasks in his own workspace.
- VideoMobile capture workflow — Tana Tours #001
In today's episode, we have Fis Fraga, a digital creator, BASB Facilitator and beloved Tana Ambassador! He'll be showing us through his brand new Tana Capture Mobile Workflow. The New iOS Tana Capture App has really transformed his whole Tana workflow. For one he's swapped taking his notebook to the beach each morning and now takes his phone instead. He's going to show us how he talks into Tana Capture in Portuguese and has it translated into English back in Tana!
- ArticleTana Capture is now available for iOS
Capture anything anywhere. Tana Capture for iOS is now available in the App Store. Android coming soon!
- VideoTana AI Made Easy with Ev Chapman
In this video Ev explores Tana AI. She shows how easy it is to get started, and the different ways can use Tana AI quickly to get more done.
- VideoHow does Tana work? with Fis Fraga
With his background in AI and Project Management, Fis Fraga give a unique perspective of the core features of Tana.
- VideoTask Management in Tana with Renée
In a series called Workspace Wednesdays, Renée shows how she uses Tana for different aspects of her life and work. In this one, Renée gives an overview of how she uses Tana for her Task Management.
- Update“Tana makes me feel dumb”
2022 was a huge year for Tana. We doubled the team, and transitioned from a stealth prototype used by a handful of people to an early access release with a vibrant community of 6,000 people around it.
- VideoHow I Use Tana's Daily Page To Track My Wellbeing with Ev Chapman
Ev shows how she uses her today page in Tana to help coach herself for well-being and feeling good.
- ArticleNote-taking with Winston Teng
Follow along with Winston as he describes his bottom-up note-taking method in Tana.
- ArticleHow Lukas Kawerau tracks medications
Lukas demonstrates how he keeps track of medication he takes during the day.
- ArticleHow to create a Recent Activity Stream view in a workspace with Jens-Christian Fischer
With this Live Search from Jens-Christian Fischer, you can track what has been happening over the last n days in your graph. This works great for single and multiplayer use cases.
- VideoView the same underlying data in many ways with tabs and live searches with Ev Chapman
Here Ev Chapman used the "View as Tabs" command in order to have many different live searches on the same underlying data. Each tab is a node indented under "🔥 Explore your notes"
- VideoHow To Build A Content Idea Capture System In Tana
Ev shows you how to capture ideas in Tana and use Supertags to add default content specific to certain content types.
- ArticleHow Jens-Christian Fischer uses Tana with his team
Jens-Christian Fischer is one of the first Tana users who started using Tana with his team. These are his lessons learned and process that he has built with his team.
- VideoA system for generating tweet ideas with Ev Chapman
This is Ev's tweet idea generation workflow. Live searches show her popular tweet frameworks to plug her ideas into or prompt her for inspiration. Each new Tweet has a search for frameworks.
- VideoIs Tana The Right App For You? With Santi Younger
Santi compares Tana to other apps like Obsidian, Logseq, Roam, and Notion
- VideoHow To Get Started Using Tana: The Capture + Find Method
Whatever applications you were using before, there are two things you need to do to get started in Tana to feel confident to find things again. And they are Capture & Search.
- VideoHow to use Zotero with Tana - CortexFutura
How to use and set up Tana's special paste formatting to copy the metadata for academic papers from Zotero into Tana, with the title in the node and the abstract, author, year, etc. in the fields.
- VideoSpotify Thoughtful Execution Framework with Arslan Golic
The thoughtful execution framework is a process created by Annina Koskinen at Spotify. It is a framework helpful for UX designers and product teams to make less subjective decisions.
- VideoWhy is EVERYONE Using This Note App?? | Tana Review
Tana review from Shu Omi
- VideoProductivity in Tana: #todo fundamentals Live Session
This Tana demo takes you from a simple #todo tag to surfacing todos on Daily Nodes and within projects. It was recorded live for Tana users in AP Productivity Cohort Six, and presented unedited here.
- VideoProductivity in Tana with R.J.
Productivity and workflow expert R.J. Nestor explores the world of tasks and to-do lists in Tana.
- VideoBuilding a pretty diary in Tana with Brage Bang
Brage shows us how to quickly set up a very visually pleasing diary in your today node in Tana.
- VideoWorldbrain's Memex to Tana with Víctor Rodríguez
Learn how to paste annotations from Worldbrain's Memex into Tana using Tana Paste
- VideoWhat is Tana? with Santi Younger
In this Video, Tana Ambassador Santi does a deep dive on Tana features, and compares what it can do relative to other tools.