Software engineer – applied AI
Full-time | Remote, CET ± 3h
Have you worked on real life, practical implementation of AI / ML projects?
Are you interested in using AI / ML to disrupt how humans and teams work and collaborate?
Then we’re looking for you!
We're on a mission to reinvent how humans, teams, and computers work together, by building an AI platform for productivity, information, and collaboration.
We’re well funded and early stage, which means you will have a significant impact on what we build, how we build it and take part of the economic upside when we succeed.
- We are building an information management system based on a fast text interface.
- Our goal is to make editing a complex information graph as simple as writing a text document.
- Our AI components will work interactively with users to enhance their text input to create a semantically tagged and interlinked data graph
- Potential areas for assistive AI are clustering, POS tagging, entity recognition, classification, summarization , de-duplication, auto-suggestions of content transformations and actions and more.
- We are a product startup, not an AI research lab. We want to be part of delivering the benefits of AI by taking practical steps based on what is currently available
- You are able to navigate the current state of tools and libraries to implement practical solutions, while keeping an eye on new research papers for future opportunities.
- You are motivated by being part of the product development team that aims to delight users with working features.
- As part of a close team covering Design, Product and Engineering
- Proof of concept explorations and prototypes that demonstrate what can be achieved with AI-based features as part of our UI & Product.
- Realization of production quality implementations of selected AI features based on open source or commercially available libraries, models and services
- Tracking the developing field of AI, with a focus on identifying realistic approaches and solutions related to the area that Tana addresses
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques particularly within Natural Language Processing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid software engineering skills across multiple languages
- Deep understanding of ML techniques such as: Classification, clustering, deep learning, word embedding, language models.
- Proven ability to apply, debug, and develop machine learning models for real-world applications.
- An overview of tools such as TensorFlow, Pytorch, Keras, SparkML with deep mastery of at least one of the leading deep learning frameworks.
A bit about you
- You're open, honest, and curious.
- You're a lifelong learner and enjoy digging deep to understand complex challenges.
- You care about understanding the challenges humans and teams face in everyday work.
- You love building things that make a difference.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You realise the importance of clear writing, all the way from code to users.
What we believe in
- We are open and candid with ourselves and others, and we believe in being kind and compassionate.
- We are curious and life-long learners, and get a thrill when digging deep to understand the challenges humans and teams face in everyday work.
- Combined, this is what makes us push limits and build a world class team ready to create the future.
- We are building a different kind of company where you'll be able to do your best work.
This is a full-time position and remote-first. We’re primarily looking for candidates near the CET time zone (± 3 hours).
Tana offers complex engineering challenges, great teammates, competitive salary and equity, as well as health insurance, a generous pension program, and five weeks holiday.
Tana believes in a diversity of people and ideas, and all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!